In between snow boots, sundresses and wool socks, my closet is a bit confused. With the new season kicking in, keeping your closet in check is always a plus. It helps you get ready faster and lets you find pieces easily. Your “I have nothing to wear” will quickly change into “what shall I wear today?” with these simple tips.
- Keep your closet seasonal. No, you will not need your fur coat in the middle of April, I promise.
- Get rid of plastic and wire hangers. Switch them out for velvet ones instead! This gives your more space, always a must. Plus it makes your closet look much more luxurious.
- If it doesn’t fit you, get rid of it. Call them what you want; Your dream jeans, skinny shorts, etc. If you really think you’ll be using them again, keep a pair if you want. Don’t put them in your main set of clothes though, store them.
- When sorting out clothes, make two piles: A) donate B) keep. Bonus: alterations & tailoring
- If you haven’t worn it in the last year, get rid of it. Out of sight, out of mind.
- Store sentimental clothes in a box. This can be sorority tees, races, souvenirs, all that stuff you always think twice about donating J
- Clean out your shoes and accessories too! When’s the last time you wore those heels, or that necklace?
Remember to always ask yourself, When’s the last time I wore this? and Will I wear this again? Follow these simple tips and your closet will get the spring detox it deserves.
Editor-in-chief of WFU Style
Thank you to the beautiful Mimi Ikonn for her great tips on closet organizing!
Wanna see more? Check out The Coveteur for some serious closet envy.