MY FALL FAVORITES
Now that fall is officially here, I wanted to share with you what products I am loving for this upcoming October and November! These items will help you transition into the autumn season with ease.
- Oversized Jean Jackets: There is nothing like an oversized jean jacket to help transition your wardrobe from summer to fall. I wear mine to class in the morning, and in buildings where the air conditioning is cranked high. Not only does it keep me warm, but it can serve as a cute accessory to my outfit when it gets warmer in the afternoon. Mine is a traditional light-wash denim, but there’s a lot of fun ways to mix it up. I’ve seen really cute embroidered jackets, as well as some distressed ones.
I’ve been loving this jacket from Madewell
- Capri Blue Room Spray: Realizing that my beloved fall candles aren’t allowed in my dorm forced me to think about other ways to bring some scents to my room. I am a huge believer in the calming effects of aromatherapy, so after some hunting around I discovered a great room spray by Capri Blue. This is a fantastic spray- it gently scents the room but isn’t overpowering or suffocating. Spraying it around before I start my homework really helps to calm me before a few hours of working. My personal favorite is the Blue Jean spray, but their other scents are definitely worth checking out.
Just a few spritzes of Capri Blue around your room will have it smelling fresh and airy in an instant.
- Platform Sneakers: I have seen these shoes all over campus recently, and I absolutely love them. They take classic slip on sneakers and give them a fun twist. They’re also super versatile- you can make them more formal with a sundress, or just pair them with jean shorts and a t shirt for class. As a short person, I also am a huge fan of how long they make your legs look. They’re great for any temperature, too. Check out Superga for some cute traditional sneakers, or if you’re feeling bold you can take a look at Steve Madden’s embellished platforms.
These are some classic Superga platforms that I’ve been seeing everywhere around campus.
- Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer: Now that fall is back, sleepless school nights are back as well, and my dark under age bags have returned with a vengeance. I bought this concealer from a drugstore on the recommendation of a friend, and I was shocked at how well it worked. It has great coverage for both under eye circles and blemishes, and doesn’t look cake-y or orange.
The sponge on the tip makes it super easy to apply as well.
- Yellow Accessories: Yellow has become such a popular color recently, and I’ve loved incorporating it into my fall wardrobe. It helps to brighten up any outfit and really draws the eye. While I haven’t gotten the courage to wear a totally yellow outfit, I think it is so cute to wear small pops of the color in my accessories. I’ve found a really cute yellow-gold bandana from Madewell that works great as a necktie, and I also bought some great yellow earrings from Bauble Bar. Because the color is so popular right now, you can find yellow accessories pretty much anywhere. Yellow accessories are a great way to spice up an otherwise typical outfit, and wearing it is a nice way to incorporate color into an otherwise monochrome outfit.
I’m loving these statement yellow earrings from Bauble Bar right now.