That fabulous time of year has come again: summer. The days of laying by the pool, or heading to the beach are upon us and it’s time to make a few adjustments to our beauty regimes accordingly. Just as we shed our heavy winter coats for these warmer months, we must also trade in our winter products for new, summertime essentials. Here’s a quick look at some of my favorite products to keep you looking picture perfect all summer.
1. Summer, while one of the best times of year, is also one of the hardest on our hair. The heat, salt water, and chlorine can take the life out of your locks leaving them dull and dry. Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Keratin Intensive Treatment is a once-a-week deep conditioning treatment that will restore the moisture and bring life back to your hair. Plus, the smell is to die for.
2. Similar to our hair, our skin is also easily damaged during the summer months. To keep your skin silky smooth after a long day in the sun, I suggest Bobbi Brown Beach Body Oil. Enriched with vitamins E and C, this lightweight body oil will nourish and moisturize your skin leaving it with a healthy glow.
3. Sunscreen can leave your skin feeling greasy and even clog your pores. But now, there are ways around traditional sunscreen products. This summer opt for a foundation or BB cream that includes an SPF. ‘Hello Flawless!’ Oxygen Wow Foundation is a top pick, with spf 25 and vitamins to keep skin hydrated, protected, and give you some coverage. This lightweight foundation is a nice alternative to heavier formulas you may have worn during the winter.
4. If I could only use one product for the rest of my life, it would have to be mascara. With the ability to make you look more awake and put-together, even on your worst of days, it is the holy grail of makeup products. However, the heat can sometimes take your perfectly blackened lashes to raccoon eyes after a long day. Diorshow Waterproof Mascara is my all-time favorite mascara. The waterproof formula is guaranteed to hold up against the heat and anything else summer has in store for you.
5. The idea of “less is more” is especially important during the summer when it comes to styling your hair. No need to damage your hair with heat styling such as curlers or straighteners. Instead, switch for a more effortless wave with Oribe Apres Beach Wave and Shine Spray. Simply spray on damp hair, let it air dry, and voila! Perfectly messy beachy waves that are perfect for summer.
So, whether you’re lounging poolside or heading to a tropical destination, I hope these five summer essentials will keep you looking summertime-fine all season.
– KTG –