Being from Florida, I have been to the beach more times than I can count. If you’re like me and can’t wait for summer, here are a few essentials you need to check out.
- Affordable (& Stylish) Swimsuits: I usually look for deals, because paying more than $30 for just a swimsuit top seems a bit steep–especially if I want to buy a bunch of options to mix and match my tops and bottoms. So, I get most of my suits are from either Hollister (believe it or not, they actually have cute swimwear) or Target.
- Hydro Flask: When it’s upwards of 95 degrees and you need to cool off and avoid heat stroke, always pack a insulated water bottle. Even after sitting in the sun for hours, the water stays ice cold.
- SUNSCREEN!! I have yet to master the art of tanning without burning. So, I usually try to re-apply a bunch of times and hope for the best. I also pack sunscreen that won’t make my face break out or make my skin look too shiny. When you do inevitably burn yourself, aloe vera is always a godsent.
- Sunglasses: Sunglasses are essential when those UV rays get too intense, even on the most ideal beach days. I usually get cheaper sunglasses because I always scratch mine somehow. So many stores offer cute sunglasses depending on your budget from Target to Urban Outfitters to Ray-Ban (if you really want to splurge for a high-quality pair).
- Curl Cream: My hair is naturally curly (and frizzy). I use styling cream to help tame the frizz but still keep my beachy curls smooth and defined.